1.5 lb of boneless leg of Alberta Lamb – cubed
1 tsp. juniper berries (optional)
½ cup chopped green & black olives
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup gin (if omitting substitute extra virgin olive oil and zest and juice of 1 whole lemon)
splash of vermouth (optional)
16 cocktail onions with ¼ cup of juice
zest of 2 lemons
1 box of couscous prepared as directed
1 large bulb of fennel – julienned
1 lb cherry tomatoes – split
salt and pepper to taste
- Skewer lamb leg cubes with cocktail onions and place in shallow pan to marinate.
- Add gin, vermouth, juniper, chopped olives, olive oil, zest of lemons and cocktail onion juice.
- Allow minimum of 1 hour to marinate.
- Remove excess marinade.
- Grill on preheated grill.
- Serve over couscous with sautéed fennel and cherry tomatoes.