150ml/.25 pint olive oil
grated rind of 2 lemons
4 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon grated fresh root ginger
2 teaspoons ginger wine
salt & freshly ground black pepper
4 large lamb loin or chump chops
- Mix the oil, lemon rind, lemon juice, sugar, ground ginger, root ginger, ginger wine and seasoning to taste in a small bowl.
- Place the lamb chops in a shallow dish.
- Pour over the marinade and leave for 2-3 hours, turning the chops frequently in the marinade mixture.
- Place on a grill pan and cook under a moderate grill for 15 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time and basting regularly with the marinade.
- Garnish with watercress and lemon wedges.